EMPLOYMENT COMMUNITY COORDINATOR
In 2005, Matawa First Nations Management received employment and training funds to provide community based employment and training opportunities to community members under the Aboriginal Human Resources Development Agreements (AHRDA).
In 2010, Human Resources Development Canada (HRSDC) will be changing their employment programs to the new Aboriginal Skills and Employment Strategy (ASETS).
ASETS is now based on three strategic priorities:
- Demand driven skills development
- Partnerships with the private sector, and across all levels of government;
- Accountability for improved skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- The ECC shall assist the membership with the employment and training strategies as set out by the KKETS Program. To implement programming that enhances the community situation pertaining to employment and training.
- The ECC will liaise on behalf of their community members to the KKETS Office regarding assistance.
- Maintain and establish such partnerships with the community, aboriginal organizations, all levels of government, and private sectors.
Summer Employment Program (Annual)
SP100 Fire Training
Boat & Motor Training
Line Cutting/Chainsaw Safety
GED SESSION 1
NOHFC Funding for Mining (Current/Ongoing)
Academic Upgrading – Confederation College
E-Learning – Contact North
Statistical Database (Community)
Training for Ring of Fire
Community Workshops (Resume, Career Planning)
Employment Community Coordinator